Thursday, February 25, 2010

Jay Brannan - In Living Cover

In Living Cover
Jay Brannan

Ever heard of Jay Brannan?

I first did from his appearance in the movie, Holding Trevor. Since then I have not heard much from him (I originally acquired his album Goddamed at that time).

He came back into my scope the other day when I saw this album of his linked to another artist I was checking out.

As the name of the album suggests, it is composed mostly of covers. Two of the songs are originals: Beautifully, and Drowning. I especially like these two songs.

All of the covers, however, are all very very good in my opinion. Brannan's soft and beautiful voice adds something to each of these songs. I enjoy them all very much.

Definitely an album to check out, whether you know of Jay Brannan or not.




No comments:

Post a Comment