Monday, March 8, 2010

Phoenix


I am sure many of you have heard the song "1901" by Phoenix, whether you realized it or not. In the past few months since its release that particular song has been featured in several TV series and movies, mentioned several times on American Idol by the judges, and also featured in a Lexus commercial. The song is quite addictive.

I purchased "1901" when it was a hot new single, never having heard of the artist Phoenix. Several months later, and I decide to check out their whole album. Once again, I was at a loss as to why I had not been listening to this my entire life.

Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, the album featuring "1901" is light, happy, amusing, jumpy, smooth and filled with pleasant lyrics and melodies. Highly recommended for an afternoon of chillin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment